Monday, January 14, 2008

Zero, zilch, nada

I got on the scale this morning. I was a good girl and waited a whole week to weigh myself, but I kept waking up last night thinking about it. I feel like I've slimmed down a little bit, so I was so impatient to see what the Omnipotent Scale had to say. I could hardly sleep, and kept thinking about it so at around 3:30 am I just had to weigh myself. (Man, that is sick! I must be so obsessed!) Guess what? Yep--I had lost NOTHING! My weight was exactly the same as it was a week ago when I weighed last. I felt like a contestant on The Biggest Loser who gets on the scale and sees a big goose egg there. I was bewildered and astonished and LET DOWN! I just needed to see something!

But I won't quit. Oh, and I'll never wait a week to get on the scale again. No way. That's too much pressure! And hopefully I'll have good news for y'all soon...

3 comments:

Erin said...

That is disappointing isn't it? At least you didn't gain and you could have gained some muscle. I know, that isn't what you want to hear, but if you feel thinner, like your clothes are fitting better than I think that is something at least. Good luck!

Alisa said...

Ha Ha -- with ya on the weekly weigh thing-- not for me. If it is causing you to wake up thinking about it and resulting in a 3:30 weigh in, then it is probabaly too much pressure. I weigh everyday and while I was able to report a one pound loss the day after starting my regimen that was just luck. I must have had a lot of water or something, because since then I am staying the same. I am trying and have had the hunger pangs at night an everything. My scale is a newfangled digitalthing that weighs to the .1 lbs. Things get even more obsessive when you can watch your ounces. Anyway don't rule out the "on/starting your period thing" (like I am dealing with) because I think that does make a difference. One hard week I am sure is always followed by a good one. Oh and feeling good or better definitely counts.

Unknown said...

That sucks! Scale fear is real. The quote, You only look as good as you feel, should be: You only look as good as you weigh.

What's up with that? You eat right, you work hard, and for what? A scale to tell you how you should be feeling?! Why, oh why, do we do this to ourselves??

I tell ya, we should start a revolution against the scale!! Instead, we'd count good eating days (like alcoholics count sober days), and NOT our weight.

Hmmmm...

(My verification word to make a comment ends with BS...how appropriate!)