Tuesday, January 8, 2008

my, how time flies

Yesterday Trevor and I dragged our kids to too many stores, including Tai Pan Trading, Ikea and a huge antique store called Euro Treasures Antiques (I'll have to talk about this warehouse store later--it actually gave Simon nightmares). So we stopped at Krispy Kreme to let them do something they wanted. Trevor took this picture with his phone, remembering a picture he had taken 2 years ago when Eli was only a few months old (that's him in my arms on the far right side of the picture). I think it's great because you can see how much they've all grown, and you can't miss the wonder of a cool donut-making machine and hundreds of donuts being fried and glazed! The first picture was taken in December 2005. The second picture was taken last night. Notice that Parker is wearing the same coat in 2005 that Simon had on last night.
And I'll admit that yes, I had a donut. Who can resist a fresh, hot Krispy Kreme donut when it's offered to you for free? Not I! And it tasted sooo good! But for the record, I'm down 3 pounds since January 1. Yay!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Those pictures are cute. It's neat to see how much they have grown. And good for you that you are down 3 pounds already. How tall are you Julie? I think you are the tallest girl in the family.

Alisa said...

I wish I were down three pounds-- good job! That is cute to see the same picture a couple years apart. I am glad you went to too many stores too, since I do it all the time! I usually do it alone though, Ed can really only stand about 1 or 2 stores himself, but add kids to the mix and it is over real quick.

Unknown said...

WooHoo on the 3 lbs! I'll think about that this week as I try for 3 lbs of my own (well, at least 1 anyway).

The pictures are so cool. You really should keep them together like that. You always have the best pics!

Maybe when my inner skinny girl gets here I'll ask for a photo shoot!

Keep it up!

PS Don't worry about the single donut you ate. More than one...not so good. Just one is a few hundred calories well spent.