Wednesday, January 23, 2008

COLD

That's the best word to describe the weather today. My neighbor said she looked at her thermometer outside at 7 am this morning and it was 3 (yes, three) degrees. I made the mistake of going outside to take Simon to the bus stop and I felt like my ears were going to freeze off. Now, I'm not trying to complain, and I really don't mind the snow and the cold most of the time. And although I'm not a native Utahan, I've even gotten used to shoveling and scraping and bundling up. I like going inside into the warmth after a time in the cold--it makes me appreciate my home more :)

But today! I'm sitting here with three layers and a blanket at my computer. This I'll never get used to!

Sort of makes a person look forward to spring...

5 comments:

Alisa said...

I have seen nothing like this! Not that I remember at least! It is FREAKIN' COLD!

Unknown said...

All I have to say is 70's, my friend. (This is about the only time I have to brag about the weather so I thought I'd take a quick moment). It really is quite lovely -- jackets in the morning, breezy warm in the afternoon sun. Ah, Florida.

You're all welcome anytime...like next year's reunion ;)

Erin said...

Ahh! Too cold. Even we have been in the 30's and low 40's okay, this is only the 3rd day of that, but still...it's cold. I'm glad I don't have to do the shoveling, although that probably burns a lot of calories so that's nice.

Unknown said...

Hey Julie - I just watched part of an episode of Snoop Dogg's Fatherhood on your blog! How funny is that? Thanks.

Julie said...

Gotta love YouTube. I've never even heard of Snoop Dogg's Fatherhood!