Monday, January 28, 2008

We Thank Thee, O God, For a Prophet

The passing of President Hinckley came as a surprise last night. He was seeming to tire, and we sensed his time wouldn't be much longer on this earth. This was not something we were used to, however, as his energy and enthusiasm always far exceeded a man of his years. He was a chosen prophet and he was blessed to be able to do the things this day and time demanded of him. A worldwide church needed a friend of the media and the public, a dynamic globetrotter, and a leader by example. Gordon B. Hinckley was all of these and more and he did it with humor, wit, and humility.

I will miss him, and I thank the Lord for sending that man at this time. I do thank thee, O God, for a prophet.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

How did you hear? We never hear stuff. I never saw that you called. Weird. I enjoyed what you wrote in this entry about our prophet, it was was well written, touching and right on.