Saturday, January 5, 2008

good times

Parker was baptized today! What a happy day. After having to wait for Trevor's white pants to dry in the dryer, getting there late (making 3 other families wait for us), forgetting a change of underwear, changing the venue for the get-together afterwards and having to scramble to get our home ready, it was a very nice time. The best part is that Parker's baptism was a wonderful spiritual experience that he will always remember and I'm very proud of him for his descision.

Thank you to all of you that came to support us! It was awesome to see you all and wish everyone could have been there.

All in all, it was a great day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I never would have guessed that all that was going on behind the scenes! You certainly didn't let on and the day was truly wonderful.

Thank you for sharing it with us and never, I mean NEVER, reveal to me the ingredients in that Broccoli Frosting. I think I'd die. But, I did think to try the same ingredients (they are mostly healthy) with a different sauce, maybe a favorite salad dressing or something. Just a thought.

Alisa said...

You dealt with all the craziness in great stride! We all had a great time and great food! What a nice thing to have so much family there-- that doesn't usually work out so well for our side of the family!