Monday, January 21, 2008

Weight Loss Throwdown

With some trepidation, I've accepted my sister-in-law Kari Ann's challenge to a weight-loss throwdown that includes her and my two sisters. She explains it all on her blog, so I won't repeat everything.

I say I've accepted with trepidation because I feel like I'm just a regular gal trying to feel good about my body for the first time in a long time. Don't get me wrong, the motivation is well-received and appreciated, and I do plan to win, but I have to admit that I don't have any grand designs for this except to lose weight and if I lose the $20 theatre bucks (I think I'll make it $25 to match what everyone else is putting in) then that's a small price to pay. Many have paid much more than that :). If I win, all the better!

Today I got on the scale and weighed 151.4. I haven't been that low since my 8-year-old son was a baby. And even then it was only for a few months.

My plan to win this challenge is what I've been doing since the beginning of the year (I've lost 6 lbs. since then!): I will eat about 1400 calories a day, keeping track of it online. I will run on my treadmill 30-60 min a day and may try to work in some circuit training or Pilates.

My stats:

7% of body weight: 10.6 lbs.

Starting weight: 151.4
Goal for throwdown: 140.8

So it's on, girls. Watch out!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on accepting the toady's Throwdown Contest! I have to say your morning weight is worth mentioning -- and CELEBRATING...WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

With a start weight like that you'll be sittin' pretty at the end...and I mean PRETTY!

No matter how skinny your booty is, I'm still gonna kick it!!

Unknown said...

Oh, and making it $25 will just help with my JuJu Fruit and Popcorn Fund at the movies! Hehe!

Unknown said...

Me, again. Julie, you are NOT 5 inches shorter than I am! How tall are you?

Alisa said...

Ok so now we all know from your post on Kariann's blog that you are 5.4". That is how tall Erin is and she said she thought you were 5.5". Erin and I had been wondering. You are headed for a very nice weight and you are doing awesome and you will look smokin'. You already look so good. I now feel bad for my post on Kariann's blog, saying that I am counting from my Sunday high, which was 3 pounds higher than today (Monday) it changed overnight, must have been water weight. Now I feel guilty about that. I didn't at the time, because I have been trying hard the last week, I felt like I deserved it. Had I known that the trying was going to give me a disadvantage during the competition it might have changed things. So we all need to set straight what we are okay with. If you guys think I need to start from from today's weight- well let me know. I do know about Kariann's last competion she was in and she won-- that girl is not to be underrated. She can and will do kick butts- she doesn't mess around! However you are on a ROLL and you are scary too! Erin has youth on her side she can probably cut out cheese and lose all she needs. Oh and as for posting stats on my blog- not gonna happen. I can tell you guys what they are by email.

Erin said...

Agreed with the stats, not posting them on mine either. I will via email but I don't want everyone to know. However, I did buy a new scale b/c mine never gave the same reading twice so I will weigh in tomorrow and let you know my stats.

Sarah said...

Way to go, Julie! I am proud of you. I'm actually pretty darn close to you in weight, but 4 inches shorter, so I'm sure you look better than me right now! :P
I'm struggling along, too. (blogged it today, inspired by you)
You can do it!