Wednesday, January 2, 2008

new year, new attitude

This is it, folks. Yes, I'm about to start blogging about weight loss. I've had about 25 pounds to lose for over a year and it just won't come off. I trained for and ran a marathon last year and did I lose any? NO! I started really watching what I eat in September and lost 5 pounds, but then gained it all back during November and December. So now I'm right back where I was. I run 4-5 times a week (but I know exercise alone doesn't do it for me).

So what it comes down to is that I need some accountability. That's where the blog comes in. If I make my goal public, I'll be embarrassed if I don't achieve it. Right?

4 comments:

Erin said...

I think I could use some accountability as well. I'd like to lose some weight this year too--and keep it off. Exercise alone doesn't cut it for me either, I have to watch what I eat. My problem--I like to eat a lot of food. I don't like to feel deprived of quantity. So I'm trying to do my best at eating the good things (veggies, food w/ a lot of fiber, etc.)to help. 25 pounds? That seems like a lot for you, I thought you looked great at the marathon so I must be missing something. Good luck on your goal.

Alisa said...

Right behind ya! No kidding about the marathon- me too, heck I gained.

Sarah said...

Okay, I am right there with ya! I'm trying to lose at least 21. I'm doing a "biggest loser" with a bunch of my mom's friends in Texas. I am also now pre-diabetic, and its critical that I get down to a "fighting weight". I feel like its impossible, though. I'll blog mine, too, and we can be accountable to each other, okay?

Unknown said...

I am so wit-cha! I, too, think you look great...but why not look even greater, right?

Let's take ourselves to the next level this year -- Monday's coming quick!