Friday, February 29, 2008

The Year of the Rat

Most of you that read my blog have already seen this, but I wanted to post it anyway because I think it's hilarious!

Trevor loves making cakes (he makes all the cakes for our kids' birthdays), so when he found out that all the Cub Scouts were supposed to bring a Chinese New Years themed cake to the Blue & Gold Banquet, the wheels started turning in his head. This is what he came up with.


The tail, ears, and feet, and whiskers (oh, and pellets) are made of tootsie rolls. The cake inside is a bright green color. Trevor and I were watching as the leaders cut into the cake at the banquet and saw their surprised reaction. He said that was the highlight of his day!

I wish I had a fraction of my husband's creativity and talent!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, you can probably see me salivating from Utah! While cake is not my favorite, Tootsie Rolls are ~ I WANT THAT TAIL! Now my wheels are turning...

My aunt makes cakes professionally and made my sister an armadillo cake for her wedding (like the Grooms Cake in Steel Magnolias). It was blood red in the middle :)

On another note: Julie, your new picture is AMAZING! You look SOOOOO good. You really need to post some kind of full-body pic. If your face is any kind of indication of the rest of your body, YOU'RE HOT!

Julie said...

The armadillo cake is all I could think about when Trevor told me what he wanted to make. He was going to make it red but we were out of red food coloring. Then after it was done he thought of adding a "vein" of red frosting down the middle of the cake. I told him it should be raspberry syrup so it would drip. So now he says I'm sicker than him! LOL

And thanks for the compliment. I do surprise myself sometimes when I happen see my reflection in a full-length window or mirror. I debated about whether to post that pic. I took it myself and I think it's silly. But I'll consider a full-body pic.

Alisa said...

No the cake does not tempt me, but yes Trevor and I have shared a few emails discussin it- I did think your raspberry jam idea was nasty and brilliant.

I want to see your current stats- you are on fire. Your face looks totally skinny. We do need a full length pic. When was the last time you were this skinny?

anna said...

woa! that cake is so awesome!! although, i don't know if i could EAT it. tooo realistic.