Wednesday, February 6, 2008

On Being a Doofus

I need to change my attitude and this post will hopefully help. In my last post I said that my 1-pound loss felt overshadowed by KariAnn's 3-pound loss. I was whining and going about things all wrong. All I was doing was putting a pall over KariAnn's success and making it so she couldn't enjoy it! Well, I need to apologize and congratulate her on some awesome accomplishments. You are amazing.

I know you didn't ask for this KP, but as I thought about it I realized what a doofus I was being! I'll do better in the future!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No Doofus here, folks.

Just an honest gal, letting it out in her own space ~ as it should be.

...but there are some monkeys over at my blog. Beware, the BIG one bites when hungry!

Alisa said...

Julie I don't believe you were a doofus. When you are working as hard as you are, you expect the results to match the attempt. Since I have been working hard (sometimes after one really good workout, or one really good eating day) I literally think I should be able to look in the mirror and look noticeably thinner and am disappointed when I don't. The crappy thing about weight loss is that it takes a lot of patience and being faithful, even though the results are really slow. Its harder still when you are doing ALL you can, to see others losing more. So Kariann is kind to be so understanding, because surely those of us not losing as fast are need to be MORE happy for her and not let it get us down. Right now I feel the love though-- I just want us all to succeed. I love hearing that you all have lost weight just as much as losing myself. Its helps to be in this together.