Monday, February 18, 2008

I've been tagged

I'm finally getting to posting my response. Sorry for the delay, Erin!

10 years ago I was... a new mother with a 5-month old baby girl and loving life. We had one car and Trevor had to drive 30 min. to work, so Autumn and I didn't go out a lot. We lived within walking distance of the grocery store, so I'd take the stroller and do my grocery shopping and then try to haul it all back in the stroller. Didn't always work really well...

5 things on my 'to do' list today: My To Do List is ongoing and I cross things off and then start a new one when I've accomplished most of them. 1. Clean off the computer desk. 2. Fold laundry. When is this NOT on the list? 3. Take MIL to clinic to have blood drawn. 4. Clean bathrooms. 5. Call Dish Network to cancel one of our channels.

Things I would do if I became a billionaire:
1. Pay off debts (like student loans).
2. Buy my dream house.
3. Get Trevor a new car. He drives a 15-year-old Taurus that's running on blessings. And I need a new van, too--one that's from this century!
4. Go on a trip (or ten) with my husband anywhere but here. We've NEVER taken even an overnight trip alone.
5. Donate, give, invest, and breathe easy.

3 of my bad habits:
1. Procrastinating. Notice it took me several days to get this post up!
2. Being impatient with my kids.
3. I grind my teeth at night and have to wear a mouth guard so I don't wear down my teeth.

5 Places I've lived:
1. Sunnyvale, California
2. Tacoma, Washington
3. Paraguay
4. Salt Lake City, Utah
5. Syracuse, Utah

5 jobs I've had:
1. I worked as a babysitter at a Jazzercise class when I was 14 & 15.
2. Dishwasher at the Morris Center at BYU. Luckily no one could see us in there. :)
3. Receptionist at BYU Multicultural Services. Loved that job.
4. LDS Church Office Building. I was a clerk in the Humanitarian Services Dept.
5. Clerk in mail room at IRS on the graveyard shift. Yuck.

Things most people don't know about me:
I was a member of Weight Watchers with my best friend when we were about 13. She lost something like 20 or 30 pounds and I can't remember if I even lost more than 5 pounds. We'd ride our bikes to the meetings then go over to McDonald's afterwards and have a Diet Coke and watch people.

I played field hockey in high school. A friend talked me into trying out (I never would've done it on my own) then she dropped out and I stayed. It was a lot of fun!

If I didn't pluck my eyebrows I'd probably have a unibrow. LOL

2 comments:

Erin said...

Ha ha! I loved reading that, I learned stuff about you I didn't know--like WW I'm assuming with Kathryn (not sure how to spell her name). Anyway, I loved the McDonald's after WW's, that's too funny!

anna said...

okay, that just gave me the BEST view into your life! you are so funny! i love that you think you would have a unibrow and i don't believe it! also, i love that you (finally) admitted to going to WW as a child. how did you even find out about it? of course you went to mcdonalds afterward. but i thought you were going to say you ate 2 bigmac's. ha ha!