Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Throwdown Update

Whew--I'm glad that week's over! Trevor hurt his back and was laid up all weekend, so I was on my own to help my MIL move into her new digs. Luckily, the big things were already in and she doesn't have a lot of other stuff. On Saturday Autumn was a big help and Eli was my big "helper" yesterday. Trevor did take the afternoon off yesterday and hooked up her TV and helped with what he could. There's just a few loose ends to tie up today and it'll be done! She loves it and I'm happy for her. Trevor put some video on his YouTube channel if anyone's interested.

So on to the report. I think I might be getting the hang of this. I'm really trying hard to eat right. I LOVE cake and it was hard for me to stay away from that disgusting rat cake. It looked yucky but it tasted good. We brought home about half of it from the banquet, and I pawned off as much of it as I could onto the kids, then I chucked what the left--the whole head. The banquet was so well done with lots of yummy food, but there was NO diet-friendly food. I thought there would at least be some veggies I could rely on, but the only veggies on the Chinese New Year menu was ramen-noodle "chow mein" that had a few rare carrot shreds in it. I ate sauteed chicken chunks, a little bit of white rice, and the rest of Eli's chicken nuggets.

I can definitely tell a difference in my body, but I've only had 2 people say they've noticed I've lost weight. So I'm just not sure how noticeable it is, although one lady at Church yesterday came up to me and said I looked so young and at first glance she thought I was a cousin visiting our family. That was a nice compliment, although I did have my hair done a little bit differently that day.

I had Autumn take a full-body pic of me this morning before she raced off to school, but it's not so flattering. I'll probably post again tonight when I can get Trevor to take a pic of my good side. (If, indeed, I can find one.)

Previous weight: 144.2
Current weight: 143.0

Pounds left for 7%: 2.2

I don't have an Ultimate Goal. I guess I should say I don't know what my Ultimate Goal is. I'm in uncharted territory right now. I feel like Colombus! I haven't been this weight for about 12 years, if my memory is correct. I think I weighed 140 on my mission and I thought I was fat. I got sick at the beginning and lost about 7 pounds but when I got better I went right back up to 140. So I guess what I'm saying is that I'll know I've found the West Indies when I get there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don'tcha just hate it when functions are totally unhealthy! In Primary I have made somewhat of a name for myself in that department ~ no hot dog gatherings here, folks. Sounds like you handled it well (which is no surprise, by the way). You are a food champion!

As for the body difference, I always say it takes 5 for me to notice, 10 for my husband to notice, and 15 for the rest of the world. Keep losing and they'll notice ~ especially when you have to buy new clothes.

The other day I was wearing a "skinny outfit" (you know the clothes that seem to flatter your figure no matter what your weight) and somebody asked me if I had lost weight. I told them it was all smoke and mirrors. It's true, though, because the fit of your clothes can either wrap you up with a pretty bow or cover you like a sack.

What you need is a Coming Out Outfit. That's the outfit that makes you look AND feel so good about your weight loss, people will be clamoring to tell you how great you look. Keep an eye out and you'll know it when you see it.

Once again, you rock!