Monday, February 25, 2008

Throwdown Report

The past week was a busy one, filled with trips to my MIL's new "apartment," which is what we're going to call if for lack of a better word. (It sounds silly to say "Let's go to Grandma's room," plus it seems to give her more independence to call it an apartment.) I also took her shopping for a new couch and we'll be doing more shopping this week for additional needed supplies. I'm pretty sure there's not going to be much free time this week with more moving to do, shopping, decorating, etc.

All in all, I did well last week. I managed to stay on track for the most part (see below). My exercise has been minimal, but I was still able to get in a little. I even have a loss to report! I'm down 1 1/2 pounds. It ain't 4 pounds, but I'll take it with gratitude.

I discovered a new favorite lunch, too. I went to the grocery store early one morning after I had taken my kids to school when they missed the bus and found some short-dated packaged greens that they had marked down half price. They come in a plastic container and are about 25 calories for the whole thing. I bought several. There are a few different ones and they're dee-lish. They have some arugula and herbs in them that just taste good all by themselves. But I put in low-fat feta, slivered almonds, ham, tomatoes, or whatever I have in my kitchen and it's a huge, filling salad. We've also been roasting a lot of vegetables lately. I can't believe how sweet raw carrots taste to me now, but roast 'em and they're like candy!

Previous weight: 145.6
Current weight: 144.2

Pounds left for 7%: 3.4

My goal for this week: eat more salads and stay sane!

2 comments:

anna said...

wow! good for you! that's sooooo great! and can i get more info on those greens? where to find?? they sound yummmmmy!!

Alisa said...

I haven't been on as much lately- might blog as to why...soon

A little jealous-- you really do rock. I'm hoping for more loss. I'm lifting weights and so I am losing sizes more than weight. Oh well, that's fine and more important to me anyway. I'm not gonna win the competition I've figured. I just need to go check out karianns blog and see if it is all over yet.