Monday, March 17, 2008

7%: check!

I do realize the throwdown is over, but I have to acknowledge my accomplishments anyway. (Did you notice the alliteration there?) I suppose I'll continue to report in until I reach my goal just to keep myself accountable. There were lots of times when I wanted to indulge but didn't because of you guys! So thanks for your continued support!

Previous weight: 141.6
Current weight: 140.4

7%: GONE!

Like I've stated in previous posts, I don't know what my ultimate goal is, but I do think I want to lose ABOUT 10 more pounds. However, for organizational purposes, I'm going to say my goal is to get to 127 pounds. That gives me 13 more pounds to drop. But this is subject to change anytime.

In other news, I ran OUTSIDE on Saturday. It felt amazing! It wasn't the first time I went outside this winter. I ran around our neighborhood a couple Saturdays ago, but there was still a lot of snow around and it was cold, so I didn't stay out very long. But this time the weather was beautiful--sunny and cold--perfect for running. I took off my sweatshirt after about 20 minutes, but still had on a long-sleeved shirt. I ran the trail by our house; I had run this trail while training for the marathon, but didn't know exactly how long it was. Turns out I ran 6.3 miles. It felt great! I was a little sore the next morning, but nothing crippling. My body's just not used to running on the pavement! It helped that I had Trevor's ipod and also that I was 20 or 30 yards behind two other women and I wanted to find out if I knew them so we could chat. I finally caught up with them and I didn't know them and didn't want to crash their party, so I kept on alone. By that time it was too late to shorten my run, so I pushed all the way around the loop.

Also, I found a swimsuit last week! I took my MIL to our brand new Ross. She didn't find what she was looking for, but I found two suits that I love. One was a one-piece Liz Claiborne for $25 and the other was a tankini in a Hawaiian-type print for $19. I wanted both but decided on the tankini and I love it! The kids have been begging me to take them swimming to the nearby indoor public pool while they're off track this week and next. We'll probably hit the pool soon; it'll be a blast!

By the way, in my last post I mentioned trying on a size 6 and having it fit. As a clarification, I DO NOT wear a size 6. Some fit, but as I discovered recently, not all do. And now I'm even questioning if those shorts were really a 6 or perhaps I made a mistake and grabbed the 8. But you know what? It doesn't matter! Size 6, size 8, it's all smaller than I've been in recorded history, so who cares? All I know is I'm happy...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Julie, I am so proud of you! You're one step away from the 130's!

As for the Throwdown, I haven't weighed-in since last Sunday...and I don't plan on it for at least a few weeks. It's been a bad week to say the least...

...but a good week for your Throwdown chances. As of now, you are in the 2-week Maintenance toward the Pot! I suppose the Other Parker Sisters could have claim if they report today, too, but you were the first to report so that holds some ground in the imaginary rules I make up as we go.

Good luck to you. I am taking (another) small blog break while I screw my head on, but I'll be certain to get my share of the Pot out when it's due!

You rock!

Julie said...

KariAnn, even if I maintain my loss for 2 weeks, I'm not claiming any win if you haven't even weighed in! Are you saying that you think you've gone over the allotted--what was it, 2 pounds?--for the maintenance period? Because you've won today if you're still within that. You don't need to go easy for my sake...

Alisa said...

Well you both are winners to me! I have worked hard and exercised when I didn't want to and turned down many things that I wanted or ate just a few bites of things I have wanted all of. I have cooked healthy recipes thrown unhealthy stuff away and gotten on the scale daily. I am really quite frustrated again because - no I have not been awesome but not TOO bad either. I don't feel like I deserve what the scale is doing to me. I was up a literal 2 pounds overnight as you remember and I have only gone down one since then. I tried for a long time to not get upset but I am definitely not on my period anymore. So I am kind of ticked. I mean one bad day does not mean a whole pound weight gain! I hope that things start dropping again soon. I did start going to 5 days of exercise a week instead of 6 like I was doing before, but I just need a little more of a break sometimes than ONE day break. Needless to say I have NOT reached my 10%. I am so close but so far away. I could litterally be there pretty fast. I guess I need to up the anty, but that seems too much for me right now. I am doing as much as I feel I can right now.

That all aside Julie I am really proud of you, you are awesome and you deserve everything you are getting of course. You sound so happy and rightfully so. I am glad you found a swimsuit and a tankini is the better choice IMO, not only is it more in style right now, but it is much easier when you need to go to the bathroom and you can mix and match if you ever find another swimsuit in a solid color or whatever. I don't think I can ever go back to fullpiece. I just want to say how impressed I am with you. I have seen you lose or gain weight over the years (we all have seen each other do it) but I have never seen you as on fire as you are now! I want to say that it can last too! I hope you feel that way because I get nervous about keeping weight off. I have a friend at church who lost 75 pounds. She is 5'4" and she stays around 127-132 all the time and she looks skinny and has stayed there for a long time. So knowing someone personally who has kept of 75 pounds is really an inspiration to me.
I know this is the longest comment ever but I just wanted to add that on Studio 5 today they had on their regular dietician (an ex favorite of mine). She shared a way to calculate how much a person should weigh and she said for 5 ft of height 100lbs and 5 lbs more for every inch thereafter. So that puts me at 105 and while I would LOVE to weight that much I happen to know that I can't do that without practically starving myself and exercising way too much! It is maddening to me. I am really frustrated. I am eating well and exercising well and I am no whwere near 105! Sorry for all the complaining!

anna said...

julie-you are so awesome!! brandon was looking at your blog the other night and noted how amazing you look!! and that's a lot coming from THAT guy, eh?

you are right, size 6 or 8 doesn't really matter...all sizing in all stores is different. i would KILL to be a size 8 any day!!

thanks for keeping me motivated! i can't wait to run together this summer! you will probably run circles around me.