Thursday, March 6, 2008

Me? Skinny?

I was at the R.S. Birthday Dinner on Tuesday night. The dinner was Hawaiian haystacks (rice, creamy chicken sauce, and toppings). I was trying to stay within my calories so my plate looked pretty sparse. A couple of the ladies at the buffet table were talking about the amount of food they'd taken and pointed out my plate saying, "That's why Julie's so skinny!" Well, first of all, I don't eat like that all the time. Second, I've NEVER been called skinny by anyone, really. That's just not a word I associate with myself (and for good reason). But man, it felt good! So even though they aren't reading this blog (let me know if you are!), thank you to the sisters who made my day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey now. You're called skinny and you add a rebuttal! That may not be the Julie on the inside, but it is certainly the Julie on the outside.

Take another look and say it to yourself ~ BECAUSE YOU ARE!

Besides, you'll need those comments to carry you through swim suit shopping at a store with really good lighting, like I did today (ugh).

Erin said...

That is nice to hear that. I only hear that from Adam, doesn't count when he doesn't even know the difference between yesterday and last night. I said something about how I had to exercise so I'm not fat or something, can't remember, but he said, "mommy, you're not fat, you're skinny." All I see are fat thighs and a stomach that got all misshaped after having kids.

Alisa said...

That is so awesome Julie-- its funny you had to hear that from them to believe it. There is no question you are a trim girl!

I don't get told that nowdays-- kinda depressing. Ed did tell me that he can tell I have lost weight. I could tell on myself a while back but I guess it was all me. However that being said he isn't all to great at noticing change- I hung some pictures that I thought were fairly conspicuous to a person who lives here daily, while he was out of town and he had no idea. He did notice the drill I used to hang them was in the house and asked why... I guess he just notices different things?!

I bet it is cool for these ward members to see you changing before there eyes so dramatically like that.
Hey Erin that is nice that Adam calls you skinny. I think at one point or another my kids have called me that, although I wasn't all too skinny (mostly Ashlin she is nice). Alex one time told me that my stomach was looking kind of big-- I can't remember the exact words I think it had something to do with looking like it had a baby in it or something, which it did NOT! Gotta love that.