Sunday, December 16, 2007

MISTAKES

Oh, boy. What a mess. I've got three callings in my ward, right now. Trevor and I teach the marriage and family enrichment class together, I'm one of the ward librarians, and I'm the building scheduler. And admittedly, I'm forgetful! Not a good thing to be when you have lots to keep track of.

Well, after the ward Christmas party was planned and announced for this Saturday morning, Trevor noticed a discrepancy on the calendar. Another ward has it scheduled the building for almost all that day. Somehow, our activities committee had changed the date and it never got rescheduled. And it's my fault because I never even realized it wasn't on the calendar. Oh, I feel so terrible! The activities committee chair called me to find out what had happened and all I could do was apologize! I wonder if they'll ever trust me again...

I just wanted to record this catastrophe and then try to forget it forever.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No sweat, just have it at your house!

Erin said...

I can relate to it all. It's like when my counselors, or secretary call or email and have been expecting something from me and I had planned to do it right away and then forgot and then it gets put off until last minute. I end up feeling like such a flake! I'm sure they're thinking what a great president I am. I'd be on the other end--forgetting to schedule the building at all!!!