Saturday, July 26, 2008

Breaking News

Boy, age 6, Eats Zucchini and Asks for More

It was reported yesterday that the boy, Simon, liked the way the green vegetable was cooked. His parents, Trevor and Julie, put some on his dinner plate as they always do, expecting it to be rejected outright. But, they say, he actually tried it then asked for a second serving of "the round things."

"It's a miracle!, his mother exclaimed. "He especially liked it dipped in ranch dressing," she added, citing an Ellie Krieger recipe for Zucchini Parmesan Crisps as the beloved preparation. The recipe, found on the food network website, is said to be easy and tasty. The rice and black bean pilaf recipe shown on the same episode of "Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger," and served with the zucchini, was not as enthusiastically received, although Julie proclaims it "delicious."

2 comments:

Alisa said...

That was written so cute! Good idea. That is really truly an awesome thing. I don't know if anyone reading really appreciates what it is to have Simon enjoy something like this and ask for more. That is great. I love Ellie Krieger- I tivo all her shows so I can learn her recipes, she has some great ideas and you always know its healthy and it lists the nutritional info.

trevor said...

I think if my mother had made it like this rather than boiling it to death in soup I might not have waited until my thirties until I could say I liked zucchini.