Sunday, April 13, 2008

I've been living a lie

All my life I've believed I was 5'4" tall. I measured myself (or had someone measure me) in high school, in college and probably thereafter. Always 5'4".

Then yesterday when I went to see my sis Erin, who's visiting Utah and staying with Alisa, we compared heights. She swore she's 5'4", but I'm taller than her. I was sure she was just mistaken about her height, but I had my husband measure me when we got home that night and, lo and behold, I'm 5'5"! Unbelievable! So that gives me a BMI of 22.8. And all this time I've been living under false pretenses.

Come to think of it, I had a pair of really great pants in college that I loved, and after a while they turned into floods. I thought they had just shrunk after repeated washings (I probably wore the things every other day). But maybe, just maybe, I was growing...

1 comment:

anna said...

sooo, the truth comes out...you surely ARE the tallest parker sister. oh, and you also area within healthy BMI range. hmmm...nice to know!